Friday, October 28, 2011

'Tis sweeter to give than to receive (but receiving is pretty sweet, too)



At birthday parties, it is important to keep track of who gave what gift. And it's not just to write a proper thank you note, either. Reminding my daughter who gave her what gift encourages gratitude and helps her maintain relationships with friends and family that she doesn't see every day.

Rather than keeping a list tucked away in a drawer, why not incorporate it into an attractive layout with a picture? Here, I got a shot of her with her arms wide open in delight as everyone sang “Happy Birthday.”

I tried to make the squares resemble presents. To do this, I simply used digital patterned paper that went with the colors in the photo. I scaled them down to a small size. I used the text circle tool to make the title: “Tis sweeter to give than to receive (but receiving is pretty sweet, too).”

When I order the print, I'll hang it on the wall for awhile as a reminder. Then, when I put the page in a book, we'll have a permanent record of who participated in the celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment