Friday, March 11, 2011

Displaying Scrapbook Pages

After spending an hour or more creating each scrapbook layout, why are you going to just let them sit in albums on the shelf? Why not hang them like posters on the wall for friends and family to enjoy?

While some digital scrapbookers order their prints as bound books, I like to have my pages printed separately. This gives me the best of both worlds. I can create a book out of my prints by simply inserting them into a tradtional 12x12 scrapbook album, or I can hang them on the wall as stand-alone pieces.

You may be wondering what kind of frame I use to display my scrapbook pages. Indeed, most photo frames are 5"x7", 8"x10", or 11"x14". That's why I use record album frames instead.

I don't know much about records, except that they are big black discs that were used to listen to music back in the day. They are useful for me today because they happen to come in 12"x12" cases, the same dimension as my scrapbook pages.

Whenever I get my prints in the mail, I simply replace the pages on the wall and slide the old ones into an album.

I've included a link to these frames below. They are very simple and inexpensive but they work great.

So, don't let your pages sit on the shelf. Show them off!

No comments:

Post a Comment