Thursday, February 10, 2011

Icy weather!


So, I wanted to do a layout about the crazy amount of ice we've been getting in the RI/ southern Mass area. The icicles on every house got many, many feet long, and our's was no exception. I'm jut glad I didn't have to drive too much in it, but I feel bad for everyone who's evening commute slowed to a crawl.

The photo on the left and right are from our house. In fact, in case you didn't notice, they are mirror images of each other (I know, I'm so tricky.)

For the snow flakes, I used the galaxy brush, set the jitter to maximum, and painted away.

I drew the window using simple lines, threw in a drop shadow, and cropped a picture of the woods in our backyard to go inside it.

For the icicles on the title, I just painted one and duplicated it. I set the opacity down to make it a little more realistic (though, admittedly, they still aren't very realistic.) I made a white outline to make the title stick out a little more.

I simply painted the snowbank in white, blurred it, and adjusted the opacity down a bit.

For the photo of my son and I, I just cropped around us and added a layer mask on the bottom to eliminate the harsh line.

Thanks for viewing and I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment